Friday 22 October 2010

I collected 7 days worth of 'The Sun' newspaper 0

I then compared all of the different days and saw what was consistent through all of them and made a note of all the things I would have to consider and put into my own news paper to make it seem as real as possible. The following list will contain the different aspects I need to include in my own newspaper.


On the FRONTPAGE


Master Head - This is at the top of the paper and it never changes. It includes the name of the newspaper, the logo, date, website, tag line which in this case for The News 'Its all about you' and the price.


In my newspaper: I will include all these features but this means I have to create a logo and a tag line  myself. I will soon shortly make a new post considering possible tag lines and logo ideas.


Also it is important to have the main part of the headline on the top fold.


Banner Adds - There is always banner adds at the bottom of the newspaper, this advert changes from day to day and just above this is a band of a puff. 


PUFF - This is a enticer or a teaser for the contents of the newspaper.


In my newspaper: I will have to consider doing some fake or even real advertisement in my banner and come up with a small teaser for my contents.


Right Hand Column - Its always pretty, it sometimes has a very short beginning of a story carried on inside, and always has adds included in this.


In my newspaper: I will again have to come up with fake or real advertisements and maybe even short stories. 


Front Cover Picture - This is most usually a front cover picture.


THE HEADING FONT IS ALWAYS IN BLACK OR WHITE WHICH EVER STANDS OUT MORE


The headline must fit around the picture, to achieve this I must manipulate the text.


There is always mini cut outs of people on the front page advertising upcoming contents.


On the INSIDE


There is a band at the top of page, saying 'inside'


The colour theme from the front page is continuing onto the inner pages.


There is either two or three stories on the inner page.


There is usually one main picture on this page and the top and a small mug shot at the start of the text of someone to do with the story.


There is a left column which contains weather news.


PAGE NUMBERS AND TITLE AT TOP CORNERS AND WEB ADDRESS IN THE MIDDLE


The font on these inner pages is:


Headlines - Sand serif
Body text - Serif - font size 11







No comments:

Post a Comment